Thursday, March 5, 2009

And the Mighty Hopkins Rolls On!!

In the spirit of Vimineousity I went to You Tube in search of more of the Hopkins River. I got many videos of Flannel shirted fishermen extracting Bream from the river. And although I enjoy fishing, the sight of fine fish wobbling on the end of hooks for too long wasn't really that enjoyable. However Hopkins is a fantastic word to exercise vimineousity. Going with the flow I found someone I forgot existed , Lightnin Hopkins. That great bluesman who wrote " baby please dont go". a song that Bon and Angus made famous. But this is a great Monday morning song - enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Them some rocking funky blues tunes...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan

    I really enjoyed my sojourn on the river this morning, loved the music, definetly back to roots

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed that - didn't think funky blues was my thing but now ...

    ReplyDelete