An ode to Octavalent
Every night from now aloud I pray
"God bless my mother
God bless my father"
and especially the one to whom their is no equivalent,
may god doubly bless - the great Octavalent.
My you keep him running
and keep him far from harm
And let me know if he saddled and ready to stride out
Be it Caulfield or Flemington or Sandown
or even Warwick Farm.
May This fine beast,
to relieve me when I am stressed
keep running at odds
be it on the green grass in the east
or the dust bowls of the west.
Though the experts will most likely disagree
Octavalent truly fits all my criteria
"as horse of the yearier"
Along with Vim and his Brother
and at 70-1 who can forget
the that mighty mare Brackenette
And as we get older and we walk
through the Moonee Valley of Death
And as we are about to be heaven sent
Lord please give me another winner
that pays as much as -
the great - Octavalent
Lads hope you enjoy lunch I am off to cash a ticket
For your information as I walk out the door
It wasn't on the nose, quinella or even each way.
I've got 20 percent of a FIRST FOUR!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment